Makita 9227C powerful tools from Makita. It is the perfect product for both grinding and polishing. It can be used for functions as diverse as you want.
Makita is worldwide leader in manufacturing quality power tools and offers a wide range of industrial and home accessories. Makita 9227C Polisher cum sander is part of tool kit of many automotive and marine workers. The innovative design, a 7 inches wool bonnet and a powerful motor makes this a complete product for both sanding and polishing work. It can be used for multiple chores like compounding fiberglass, waxing, painting and of course polishing. Equally useful for floors, walls, outer walls, vehicles, boats and any other thing user can think of.
Here is a detailed Makita 9227C Polisher cum sander review which describes all its features and specifications along with the pros and cons of this remarkable power-tool.
Features and Specifications of Makita 9227C
Variable speed control
To use this Makita 9227C polisher with various applications, a speed control dial is provided to match them.
Lock option to fix maximum speed is provided in order to provide steadiness on load
Initial torque is kept low in order to avoid any bumping and maintains smooth start
A 10 ampere motor ensures powerful operation and bears high power to weight ratio
Designed in a way to make handling comfortable. The grip of handle is non-slippery and you will not feel tired even after working continuously for longer hours.
Whether it’s a marine job, polishing of stones, polishing of cars or removal of old paint from any surface, Matika has proved its class of engineering by delivering this multi-purpose sander cum polisher. The portable nature of polisher makes it to work on even low-profile surfaces.
Changing functionality from sanding to polishing is not a big deal. The Tool is easily convertible to any role.
Hook and loop pad, hex-wrench, side handle and loop handles are included in the box .
- Weight: 13.6 ounces
- Dimensions: 19”x7”x7’
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Money-back: 30-days
Pros and Cons of Makita 9227C
- Makita 9227C is very versatile. It can be used for polishing any type of surface since it comes as a single tool with two jobs of polishing and sanding. User can very conveniently change functionality from polisher to sander and vice versa without any hassle.
- Its speed can be adjusted according to the surface and time of polishing and once set it will work on this speed with steadiness giving a smooth finish to the task. Its constant speed can be maintained by locking the selection of the specific speed while working on an eight inch soft pad at a rate of 300 rpm rotations.
- It starts very smoothly and without any jerks and maintains this rate of operation throughout the job being done, thus giving a flawless final look to the surface polished.
- This a trouble free tool accompanied by a hook and pad, side handles and loop handles to give it needed stability during operation.
- Its motor is supported by feedback smart electronics system, which gives the input to motor to keep amount of power to keep it running at the speed set, even if it faces resistance due to heavy workload.
- It weighs very less with very sleek design to be use for long durations, without exhausting the user. This is another reason for carrying it from one location to another if the owner has to work on more than one location.
- It is supported by additional tools like spindle lock and trigger hold to make it an efficient tool.
- The price is a bit on higher side but other features of Makita 9227C provided cover up for this minor flaw.
- Pad takes a pause of 1 to 2 seconds before starting to spin.
- No product warranty on complete product. Only 30 day returns/replacements for components.
Makita 9227C, a very efficient tool from Makita delivers what it promises. Its runs smoothly for hours and easily handled by the pair of comfortable grips provided with the tool. Its adjustment for speed setting can be easily done and maintained during operation by a locking facility. Whether a small surface or a large area to polish, it maintains its quality of work. This is possible due to superior electronics that matches the motor speed with the selected option. Sanding and polishing works now finish in a jiffy. Good engineering design and a well defined set of options are integrated nicely into this one tool. It runs for years without demanding much service and maintenance.