DEWALT DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact. This is a tool to fulfill all the needs of edge profiling, cutting and mortising activities.
A wood crafter has to perform multi-tasks like profiling edges, mortising and applying many kinds of cuts –grooves, dadoes, curves to create those masterpieces out of wood. And to end the agony of using multiple tools for all these variety of tasks DEWALT has given a wonderful router DEWALT DWP611PK 1.25 HP Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router Combo Kit with LEDs. This router promises to fulfill all the needs of edge profiling, cutting and mortising activities. Its high power motor, variable speed adjustment and adjustable control for depths make it an ideal tool for any kind of timber.
Here is a detailed DEWALT DWP611PK Max Torque Variable Speed Compact Router review which describes all its features and specifications along with the pros and cons of the product.
Features and Specifications of DEWALT DWP611PK
- DEWALT DWP611PK is supplied with a very heavy duty 1.25hp motor. At this good power the router can meet the challenges of any type of application. The motor is soft start and has continuous feedback system to preserve the speed of cutting while it is in action.
- It has a variable speed control to be used for selecting the perfect speed for profiling work needed for different kinds of woodcraft.
- The visibility during operating, is enhanced by the dual LEDs, which are very close to the work area.
- Different woodcrafts need different depth for cutting and profiling. This is done by the adjustment ring that helps in controlling depth with up to 1/64-inch precision.
- The router comes with two optional bases fixed and plunges so that it can be fixed permanently on a platform or can be temporarily fixed.
- It gives a low, curved grip that brings it closer to the work surface and gives a superb control. With such a good hold on DEWALT DWP611PK , accuracy and efficiency is ensured in the task in hand.
- It has a D-shaped sub-base that gives firmness and uniformity when the user is working on the edge profiles.
- The spindle lock provided improves the ease of bit change through a large switch that can be easily maneuvered single-handedly.
Pros and Cons of DEWALT DWP611PK
- DEWALT DWP611PK plunge action is quite smooth and the plunge depth stop is much better than other similar products available in market. It is very easy, accurate and quick to adjust. The depth locking adjustment provided gives a solid and secure grip while working.
- All-metal motor body is very durable and sturdy for longer durations of work minimizing wear and tear.
- The plunge base is sufficiently broad and comfortable for any type of job like trimming laminate, cutting flutes, mortising, dadoes, and grooves
- It is quite handy in weight but still powerful enough to do most of the tough jobs in woodcraft.
- LED mounted on the router is close enough to the work piece giving a very detailed view of the area to work on.
- Variable speed is a very good feature available to set the trimming speed at desired value. High for larger bits and low for smaller bit so that the motor does not burn out due to unmatched speed.
- The router also features two tabs that allow for a quick and simple base release, and a new base/adjustable clamp design so the motor location is maintained through the toughest applications.
- The cord coming with the tool does’nt has any latch to be hooked on and comes in way while using it.
- It comes with 1/4 collet , it is a trim router and cannot handle bigger bits.
- The power rocker switch is small in size and is covered by a rubber dust guard. A good feature but difficult to operate while in use.
- No vacuum attachment is provided to collect the debris emitted with the trimming action.
A highly recommended tool to all the wood crafters and furnishers, enabling them to get that smoothly profiled edges and clean cuts in their wood work. Coming from Dewalt , it gives default quality assurance and work satisfaction. In size it is a bit bigger than a trim router but has efficiency of a big router. It has all the best features as expected in a tool, like excellent power, easy to use, easy to hold for long duration and an added LED for visibility, appropriate and well placed controls and all-round efficiency. With these superb qualities the DEWALT DWP611PK compact router can handle a number of applications from small bevel cuts to large edge profiles and heavy flush trimming. DEWALT made it trustworthy with a three-year warranty supporting to handle any fault due to damaged equipment or wrong handling.